WHY CHOOSE ME
Lissy is passionate about helping people and believes all patients are unique and no two conditions or injuries are the same. She likes to adapt her treatments to her patient’s needs and help them work towards their goals and improve their quality of life. She uses a variety of techniques such as myofascial release, therapist assisted stretching, trigger point release, neuromuscular therapy, dynamic release and other various swedish and deep tissue techniques.
Massage therapy is a safe and effective choice to treat a wide variety of condition. Examples include: sports injuries, pregnancy and post-partum, whiplash, postural concerns, stress, headaches, low back pain.
BC Registered massage therapists (RMTs) are licensed and regulated health care professionals who are trained to treat, and thereby reduce or eliminate the symptoms caused by a wide range of conditions They are among the most educated and highly trained professionals in their field.
Lissy graduated with honours from VCMT (Vancouver College of Massage Therapy) in 2018 and has gone on to complete a number of different courses. Lissy is always looking to improve and develop her knowledge and skills further as an RMT.
Lissy’s areas of interest are Women’s Health, Migraines and Headaches and Sports related injuries.
- Dr Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage Basic – May 2018
- Dr Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 - April 2019
- Massage During the Childbearing Year. -Part 1 Pregnancy – Dec 2019
- Systemic Deep Tissue Therapy (SDTT) - Jan 2020
- Clinical Applications of Pain Science: Manual Therapy, Exercise and Rehabilitation Principals for RMT's - June 2021
- RMTBC Rehabilitation Conference 2022
In the past Lissy has treated but not limited to:
- Stress, Anxiety & Depression
- Asthma, Emphysema & Chronic Bronchitis
- Back and Neck Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Dislocations, Fractures and Edema
- Inflammatory conditions such as Arthritis & Bursitis
- Headaches and Migraines
- Kyphosis and Scoliosis
- Muscle Tension and Spasms
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s, MS
- Palliative Care
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Pre and Post Natal Pregnancy Care
- Post Surgery Rehabilitation
- Strains and Sprains
- Sports Injuries
In the past she has done some volunteer work for : CanWest games. Aids Walk to Thrive, Seawheeze Half Marathon and will be in her 4th year at the Vancouver Folk Music Festival.
what people say
Lissy is a true healer!
I encourage my friends to see Lissy and the fact that every one of them has thanked me is the best testament I can give. She's skilled and compassionate.
Lissy is a true gem. She really knows a ton about her craft, and promotes health and wellbeing, as well as giving a great therapeutic massage! She is passionate about helping and increasing her patients' quality of life. She is able to treat a variety of health conditions safely and effectively, including sports injuries, pregnancy and post-partum, whiplash, postural concerns, stress, headaches, low back pain. Highly recommended!